Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Time Out

I live in Indiana. Why Indiana? Not my choice. To get insight on that, you'd have to ask the several, several, SEVERAL generations of Hoosiers that stuck around in the cornfield before I was born. Nonetheless, I'm beginning to come to terms with my Midwestern-ness, if only because it's brought me pie and fried potatoes with onions. This magical potato thing is a dish that should be frozen and sold in cardboard boxes with my grandfather's face on them.

Anyway, I figure if I'm going to be stuck here for a while, I might as well get used to it. I've noticed that most famous people seem to come from "America's Heartland", so I'm learning to think of my life thus far as the background for my first Vanity Fair interview.

Or maybe I'll hold off until the third one and then I can meet Dominick Dunne.

1 comment:

  1. have i ever seen your grandmother's face? lol this is your best friend, btw.

    ReplyDelete